Tuesday 23 October 2018

Its been a while

So, after a seriously long break from any blogging and website works I have decided to jump back on the band wagon and start again....

A lot has happened since the last blog, a new job including a recent promotion and a whole lot of fishing.

Last year I spent most of my time fishing a complex of lakes in Kent called Orchard place Farm fishery, this was mainly as it was over the road from my then office meaning over-nighters where common and sometimes even twice a week. It made sense on a couple of levels, my office was roughly 2hrs from home without traffic, and sometimes 4hrs with. Rather than travelling home sitting in hours of traffic I would rather just sit next to a lake. And as it was saving a fair amount of money on the company car fuel, my boss at the time would pay for the night ticket plus 1kg of Boilies to fish with, win win really.
These lakes were great for getting your string pulled, many people just go there and cram around one of the waters which contain the bigger 50lb+ Carp, those people are in my opinion are nuts. This is not my type of fishing, I like to be secluded and have peace and quiet whilst I fish, so I always opted for lake 1 or 2, smaller in size and fish size, but with Cats over 50lb and Carp over 40lb in the lakes that was good enough for me.
I must have done around 10 - 15 nights on the water with much success, Carp to nearly 20lb, not huge I know but size is irrelevant to me these days, I just enjoy getting bites and being on the bank. I also had Cats to over 32lb, which in the dark on lakes with islands is awesome fun.
But my time with that company ended and I started a new job for a company where my office is based in Andover, 20 minutes from home, IDEAL..
So I rejoined Godalming Angling Club this year and have mostly been fishing their waters, after work a fair amount and at weekends.
Godalming is a perfect fit for my type of fishing, Massive Crucians and Tench in the main along with Carp waters and plenty of Rivers.
This year so far I have had a fair amount of Crucians pushing closer to my goal of 3lb and Tench over 6lb, and now with the cold weather setting in I am dusting off the Lure kit and getting after the Perch and Pike, which is what I will be doing on my day off this coming Friday.

So what will be coming up...  I have the annual jaunt down to Anglers Paradise for the Lure Weekend in November, Something I look forward to every year, and i'm currently looking into starting up a new website, unsure if it will carry the old Reel Day Ticket staple yet but will see, but will incorporate another passion of mine which is Photography, watch this space..




No comments: