Sunday 31 January 2016

End of 2015.

Wow, well 2015 was a shocker fishing wise. Literally only a few memorable sessions, and I know its not all about catching fish and don't get me wrong I enjoy every time I go out fishing but with limited time I do like to get a bend in the rod. 

One such memorable session was a day ticket to Bishops Green with good friend James, we had set up at the far end of the lake as most people had set up near the carpark. As always I baited quite heavy to start with pellet in the margins and continued to fish throughout the day using small solid bags of pellet with a 12mm pallet on the hair, and landed well in excess of 20 Carp to mid doubles, where down the other end there was only a handful of fish between them. 

I think the best sessions of the year were the three times I went to Angler Paradise, First in February for the Lure Weekend, Steve had won the weekend for naming the lake and was allowed a plus one, which was nice.
The long weekend flew by and was brilliant, fishing alongside experts such as Julian Chidgey and Nathen Edgell, was incredible. 

The second trip was a family one, me, the wife and kids, my sister and my and a family friend. Although a very different trip to AP as we had to entertain more than just me, we had to do family things like visit Bude and go to the Zoo but life's not all about fishing......sadly.
Still loads of fish were caught as usual and the weather was not overly bad, obviously it didn't rain, it never rains in Devon must us not forget.

Then the third trip to Anglers Paradise was the second Lure weekend, which if possible was even better than the last. Slight change of format as you didn't get to fish with all the pro's on different lakes, your team captain was a pro and you fished all the lakes with them.
Mine and Steve's Pro angler was Ben Humber from Fox Rage, which as someone who uses a lot of Fox gear this was great.

Ben was good fun on all the lakes and a very talented angler and I managed a few Fish.
Another brilliant addition to this Lure Weekend was that Matt Hayes was there, and I know many people say hes not approachable and a bit of a grump, but on this occasion they were wrong. Me and Steve sat down in the bar with Matt having dinner and literally chatted for hours, it was truly amazing.
So that wraps up my 2015, hopefully a few more fishing session next year with any luck.



No comments: